Thursday, June 28, 2007

Patience

We PWDs are not known for our patience, but we are trainable after all, and this week my 2lggd mom taught me this trick. After she puts my dinner bowl down, she makes me wait. At first she just made me wait, and I would stare intently at the bowl. I drooled so much on the floor that it didn't take long to make a big slippery puddle in front of my bowl. So then she taught me to look up at her face while I'm waiting, so I don't dribble so much. Sometimes I wait just a few seconds before she clicks and I dive in. Sometimes she makes me wait longer (it seems like an eternity). I'm not sure I get the point. But it seems to make her happy. And I always get my dinner in the end; that's the only important thing. After all, I'm just here for the biscuits (or the kibble)! (Snarf-crunch-snarf-crunch-snarf-crunch)

No comments: