Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Last haircut of the summer (maybe)

Mom says I'm getting a little shaggy. And I must admit that I'm losing the tennis ball in the grass a little more often these days. Perhaps I do have too much hair in my eyes. What do you think?



I don't much like the process of having my face clipped, but I like the nice clean feeling afterwards. And now I can see again!



Emma has been clipped short for the summer, only leaving her tail plume and the rasta-do on top of her head. By now however, it's grown a bit. The only part that bothers me is all that moustache and beard. And it gets long enough around her eyes that she loses sight of the ball she's chasing. And the hair gets in her eyes - I mean actually STICKS to her eyeballs. Emma is my first non-shedder. I had no idea that their eyelashes just grow and grow; I never thought about it.

The second video is after trimming Emma's face. Personally, I like her with a neatly clipped face. I don't much care for the beards and moustaches styled on some PWDs. I must say, I think this is the tidiest face job I've ever done. I have an Oster Sculptor rechargeable clipper that I use on Emma's body, but for her face I have been using a Conair beard trimmer that runs on AA batteries. It takes two AA batteries, and I always have lots of rechargeable AAs around. It's lightweight, so its very easy to handle. And while I hate snap-on combs for clipping Emma's body, they don't seem to be a problem on her face. I think the reason it turned out so nice this time is because I removed the comb and blew out the comb and blade so frequently - every 2 or 3 passes. And I kept going back over in different directions. I also scissored around her paws. Tomorrow I will tidy up her earflaps and then start kind of a "creeping lion cut."

Kathy, Emma's 2lggd mom

No comments: