Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Consorting with other PWDs ...


I have a complaint to make! A couple of them, actually.

This evening my 2lggd mom went out without me. I think she went to the bank, where they have that drawer under the window that comes out with a biscuit in it. I was unhappy that she didn't take me along. But when she came back home, I forgot all about the bank and the drawer and the biscuit. Because she smelled like DOGS. OTHER DOGS! Two of them. The smell was all over her pants. I was soooo excited, and I pressed my nose to her jeans all over. What was she doing? Where are those dogs? Will I get to meet them????

But then Mom loaded some bags into the car and left. Dad looked at me and said "Your life is about to change in a very big way." Something big is up and I don't know what it is.



Storm & Zephyr in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Photo by Moe F.

This evening as I was coming out of the post office, I saw a couple walking two Portuguese Water Dogs out onto the city dinghy dock. I followed them out and asked to meet their dogs, who turned out to be Stormy and Zephyr, sailing from Nova Scotia to the Bahamas on the sailing vessel Malolo. Donna, Howard, and I had a great chat on the dock during which first Storm, and then Zephyr, leaned against my legs, then sat on my feet, and finally eased over into my lap!

On Friday, Mark will take Emma to the Backstreet Pub, our dog friendly drinking establishment, and she will get to meet Storm and Zephyr. I'm sorry that I will not be there to see them meet, because I am now on my way to Wisconsin to pick up a two year old Newfoundland dog, Bubba. Bubba is the great grandson of my second Newfoundland, Lola. Lola died 4-1/2 years ago at the ripe old age of 13.

Indeed, for Emma, life as she knows it is about to change.

Kathy (Emma's 2lggd mom)

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Lacy said...

woofies Emma!!! nice to meeted u..me from NC too...its sooo coolies u gets to go on the boat...around here all our lakes r dryin up wiff no rain...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Why don't you join us in DWB Chat? A whole pack of us get together for a barking chat every Sunday - 9 am Eastern Time (That's 10 pm Singapore time). Peemail me at wiredfoxterror@yahoo.com and I'll send you the secret DWB Chat Room address!

Bussie Kissies
Buster