Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sticks

Today I watched the 2lggds carrying sticks. Now, don't get me wrong. I like to carry sticks. When I'm really excited, I'll carry just about anything and sticks are often handy, and fit in my mouf just right. But these 2lggds, they make a big tree into way more sticks than any dog needs. Then they carry all the sticks to a trailer, haul them to our house, and carry them all again. I just got so tired of all the sticks that I finally just layed down and watched them. Crazy 2lggds!!



Today we made a second run to build up our supply of firewood for the winter heating season. On Saturday, Mark went to a friend's property and helped him cut up a large downed branch. Today we went back and helped him fell a tree that was dying. I looked up at the tree and thought, "that's a lot of BTUs." We loaded about half of it into the trailer, and stacked it at the house. About a third of it was already dead and dry. At present we probably have about 4 weeks of heat stored up. Next week we will go to load up the rest of it. There's another tree to fell on the same property, and a downed, cut up tree at another friend's place, so we will soon be in good shape for the winter. If I still had a Newf, perhaps we would use a wagon to move the firewood from the pile to the trailer. Emma is no draft animal. She just supervises.

Kathy, Emma's 2lggd mom

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Davis, o nosso shar pei said...

Hello from Portugal!Nice videoblog!Aufffff!!!